About Jenna McCarty Photography:
Wedding and Portrait Photographer based out of Warren, OH
serving all of Ohio and Western Pennsylvania.
Bonjour et Bienvenue à mon site-web! Hello and welcome to my website!
serving all of Ohio and Western Pennsylvania.
We are a dynamic husband and wife photographer duo
who love photography, cats, golf and anything on BBC.
Hello again! Thank you so much for taking the time to read this.
My name is Jenna McCarty.
I have always loved photography. Ever since I was a little girl, I have been fascinated by capturing moments and telling stories through the use of photography. And while I may be a high school French teacher by day, my true passion is photography. So you may be sitting there wondering why should I let this high school French teacher photograph my wedding or my family session?
Good question... As stated earlier, I have always loved photography but it was not until recently that I decided to pursue it as a career. I am not a photographer because I dislike my day job. I love teaching but I also love photography... so I've chosen to do both.
My real passion is wedding photography. I absolutely love photographing engagements and weddings. I love the dresses, the tuxedos, the music, the dancing, the romance and that moment when the groom first sees his bride. I love it all and I love preserving your love story and the story of the first day of the rest of your lives together through art and through my photography.
Here are some fun facts about me:
- I love my cats. Andrew and I have four cats. Their names are Polly Molly (named after Troy Polamalu), Fleury (named after Marc-Andre Fleury), The Stig (named after the show Top Gear) and Malkitten (named after Evgeni Malkin). We are huge Pittsburgh Fans (as you can tell... but we have nothing against Cleveland sports… just saying).
- I am a high school teacher. Yes, high school. I am constantly asked how I can stand working with high schoolers… but honestly I love it. I think my experiences as a high school teacher make me such a great photographer because I know how handle a crowd and know how to handle difficult situations with professionalism. I currently teach French at Liberty High School in Youngstown, OH.
- I love French. It’s what I teach. I have two Bachelor’s Degrees: one in French and one in Education. I also have a Master’s degree in French Linguistics and Pedagogy. Another question I get asked besides the obvious “Say something in French” is why French? Well the answer is because I fell in love with it in high school and that love has only grown over time. I actually studied photography in France…. during my many trips abroad.
- I am a world traveler. I’ve been to France, Germany, Spain, United Kingdom, Ireland and with many more to come…
- I dream about photographing a wedding in Paris. Thus combining my two passions, French and Photography, in the city I love. One day this dream will come true (*fingers crossed*)
- I met my husband through golf. I’m not going to tell you the whole story… you will just have to meet me to find out the rest.
I would describe my style as a mixture of traditional photography and photojournalism. Especially with weddings, you must have the traditional family portraits
but I also love to capture the special intimate moments between the two of you. Most importantly, I LOVE color. Dark and moody photos are not really my style as I really do not want your wedding day to feel dark and moody. I want your wedding photography to demonstrate the love and fun of your wedding day, hence why I LOVE color and will incorporate it into your photos.
This is my wonderful husband, Andrew McCarty, of six years, even though we have been together for over 12 years.
Here are some fun facts about Andrew:
- Andrew has a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and he works as a Purchasing Manager at a factory. He is also my second photographer.
- Andrew loves landscape photography and is a huge fan of Ansel Adams.
- His dream would be to travel the United States taking photos of the various landscapes across America. Hopefully, one day we can.
- As you either know or will know (if you work with us) is that Andrew is not a man of many words. He is not quiet but (unlike me) will not talk just for the sake of talking. We are definitely quite opposites in this domain but it works quite wonderfully as we both can’t talk as much me….
Why does Andrew love photography?
He loves the way that compositions naturally occur. He loves looking at a landscape and seeing the composition comes together. He also loves being creative and photography provides such a great outlet for his creativity. While I focus more on your and your relationship, Andrew focuses on the bigger scene.
So why should you book with us?
Booking a wedding photographer is a really important decision. First and foremost, I believe that you should book a wedding photographer who captures the types of images you love. We have been capturing love stories since 2014 but our work is not reflective of someone whose been only shooting weddings for five years. In addition, I believe that the wedding photographer you choose should be someone whose company you enjoy. After all, you are going to spend a lot of time with that person on your big day, as they are essentially your shadow and paparazzi.
So, if you love the images on my website, you should book with me. I love telling your story because it is unique and beautiful. Through photography, I strive to create images that highlight your love and your relationship. My goal is to provide documentary-style images that capture your love story. I love looking at my own wedding photos and I want to give you photos that tell your story through generations.
Thank you again for taking the time to check out our webpage and reading about us!
Copyright © 2020